Oral Rehydration Salts
All content © Trail Run Events
♦ ♦ ♦ C H A R I T I E S ♦ ♦ ♦
- Bautista Foster Family - Benefits foster children from Bienvenidos FFA, McKinley Children's Home, David & Margaret FAA. In 2003 we sent 22 foster children to Disneyland for the day, meals included!
- Garden of Angels - In 1996, a very loving woman named Debi Faris established the Garden of Angels to provide dignified burials for abandoned and discarded babies. To date 65 babies have been laid to rest in the Garden of Angels. These ceremonies are attended by hundreds of people, police officers, fire fighters, etc., who openly weep for these lost baby souls. Please visit the website -- it is quite a moving gift of love to these innocent angels who never had a chance in life.
- Leonor Reyes Guerrero Memorial Scholarship Fund - National Association for Chicana and Chicano Studies. In memory of Leonor, wife of Jesus Guerrera. Lenor was herself a marathoner and dedicated race volunteer. We will all miss her delicious breakfast burritos on race morning.
- Para los Ninos - Para Los Niņos, founded in 1980, is a non-profit family service agency designed to raise at-risk children out of poverty and into brighter futures through positive educational opportunities and support involving families and communities. The agency serves more than 3,500 families each year and more than 1,300 children, ranging from 6 weeks to 18 years old, each weekday. Programs and services are located at 15 sites in Pico-Union, Central, East, West, and South Central Los Angeles, and Ontario.
- New Basin Blues Cross-Country Fund - A portion of the proceeds from the race are donated to the New Basin Blues cross-country team fund. This fund is used to buy shoes & gear for local high school cross-country runners so they can compete to the best of their abilities!